Thursday, March 10, 2011

Stranger on the Shore by Roseanne Dowell


Please join me in welcoming Roseanne Dowell, as she writes about her exciting new story!



Stranger on the Shore started out as part of a 1000 word assignment for a writing course I took. Needless to say, Jordan wasn’t happy with that and over the years, I’ve expanded it.
After numerous revisions and expansions, it turned into an almost 7000 word story.
I first got the idea for this story when we went to a cottage along Lake Erie. Not isolated like Jordan’s but we drove past many like that. As we walked along the shore, I wondered what it would be like to live there during a storm. Lake Erie, being a shallow lake is notorious for sudden, treacherous storms. When the weather turns cold it produces Lake Effect snow.
Being no stranger to lake effect snow, away from the lake, I can only imagine what it’s like on the shoreline.
So as usual, my imagination took over and Stranger on the Shore was born.

Author, Jordan Blake rescues a handsome stranger from her shore and more than a storm rages inside and out. To make matters worse the sexy stranger has amnesia. Against her better judgment, Jordan finds herself strangely attracted to the man. Heck for all she knows he could be a serial killer. It’d be just her luck to be stranded in a storm with someone like that. To avoid her attraction and the stranger, who can’t tell her anything about himself, Jordan locks herself in her office. Not that she can work. Thoughts of the stranger interfere with her writing. Besides she can hear him moving around and whistling in her living room. What will happen when he recovers his identity.


Stranger on the Shore will be available March 1st from Muse It Up Publishing, http://tinyurl.com/4kg9645
If you’d like to know more about my books, visit my website, www.roseannedowell.com or my blog, http://roseannedowellauthor.blogspot.com Or join me on twitter, http://twitter.com/roseannedowell

1 comment:

Roseanne Dowell said...

Thanks for hosting me again.