Sunday, January 8, 2012
Welcoming Karen Cote, author of Erotic Deception
Romance may be complicated, but it's not so complicated as to why we adore Karen Cote. This talented author and champion of MuseItUp Publishing and all who reside within, has won us over with her heart, warmth and humor. Witness her interview below:
Hi Heather and thank you so much for having me today. Today is a very special day…not only is it my publisher’s birthday, Lea Schizas, it is also Elvis Presley’s birthday and I’m so excited to be here to celebrate.
1. What is your favorite book?
The Halloween Dino Trip by Lea Schizas (it’s her birthday today as well as Elvis Presley’s so I thought I’d mention it and give her a little gift.)
2. Who is your favorite writer?
Lea Schizas (sticking with that birthday gift scenario) Besides Elvis only wrote songs so there’s no conflict.
3. How old were you when you were first published.
Oh no…not touching that one. I’m more curious on how old my publisher is today…Lea Schizas. In case you didn’t know, it’s her birthday today. She shares it with my favorite person of all time, Elvis Presley.
4. What writing style do you most abhor?
Not sure if I abhor any writing-style but I do prefer third person and tons of dialogue.
5. What is your favorite word?
6. When and how do you write? (typewriter, Mac, in a café, for four hours each morning, etc?)
I write on my iPad or Laptop while listening to Elvis Presley. (It is his birthday today).
7. In what era do you wish you’d been born?
The same time as Elvis so I could have spent more time with him. (today is his birthday)
8. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
Thank you…thank you very much. (Elvis quote) BTW my lip does quiver when I say that.
9. Which talent would you most like to have?
To sing like Elvis
10. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
To own the complete collection of Elvis Presley movies and music.
11. Who is your favorite hero of fiction?
Haven’t you been listening?
12. How would you like to die?
Eating a peanut butter and banana sandwich with bacon (a fav of Elvis) on the steps of Graceland.
One final thing…outside of Elvis, YOU, Heather Haven, are my favorite person in the whole entire world. (I know…it’s a suck-up comment but Elvis would have appreciated it). Love ya!