Sunday, January 8, 2012

Welcoming Karen Cote, author of Erotic Deception


Romance may be complicated, but it's not so complicated as to why we adore Karen Cote. This talented author and champion of MuseItUp Publishing and all who reside within, has won us over with her heart, warmth and humor. Witness her interview below:


Hi Heather and thank you so much for having me today. Today is a very special day…not only is it my publisher’s birthday, Lea Schizas, it is also Elvis Presley’s birthday and I’m so excited to be here to celebrate.


1. What is your favorite book?

The Halloween Dino Trip by Lea Schizas (it’s her birthday today as well as Elvis Presley’s so I thought I’d mention it and give her a little gift.)


2. Who is your favorite writer?
Lea Schizas (sticking with that birthday gift scenario) Besides Elvis only wrote songs so there’s no conflict.

3. How old were you when you were first published.
Oh no…not touching that one. I’m more curious on how old my publisher is today…Lea Schizas. In case you didn’t know, it’s her birthday today. She shares it with my favorite person of all time, Elvis Presley.

4. What writing style do you most abhor?
Not sure if I abhor any writing-style but I do prefer third person and tons of dialogue.

5. What is your favorite word?
Elvis

6. When and how do you write? (typewriter, Mac, in a café, for four hours each morning, etc?)
I write on my iPad or Laptop while listening to Elvis Presley. (It is his birthday today).


7. In what era do you wish you’d been born?
The same time as Elvis so I could have spent more time with him. (today is his birthday)

8. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
Thank you…thank you very much. (Elvis quote) BTW my lip does quiver when I say that.

9. Which talent would you most like to have?
To sing like Elvis

10. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
To own the complete collection of Elvis Presley movies and music.

11. Who is your favorite hero of fiction?
Haven’t you been listening?

12. How would you like to die?
Eating a peanut butter and banana sandwich with bacon (a fav of Elvis) on the steps of Graceland.



One final thing…outside of Elvis, YOU, Heather Haven, are my favorite person in the whole entire world. (I know…it’s a suck-up comment but Elvis would have appreciated it). Love ya!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Heather, thank you so much for hosting me today and allowing me to indulge my little tribute to two people who mean so much. Elvis has and always will be the most important artist I have ever known as well as a man I knew to be gracious, giving and, of course, tortured in many ways. I love him. The day of his death was devestating for me especially as I spent his last years on earth using a shield against all those who, I perceived, trying to belittle someone who was obviously struggling with some demons of his own.

It's only right this day be celebrated with another person I hold in high regard.

Happy Birthday Lea. You may not be Elvis but you are no less a hero to many, including this artist.

Love you Heather and thank you for this!

Heather Haven said...

Not only is this my honor and pleasure, but dont' step on my blue suede shoes! Because if you do, you ain't nothing but a ... Hmmm.
I can see where this can be addicting. Anyway, love ya, Karen. You are one of the people who give life and Muse more heart!

Barbara Ehrentreu said...

Heather, thank you for bringing us Karen and love the interview! I had the pleasure of being born in the Elvis era and I was insanely drawn to him. I ran to see his movies and bought his records and listened all the time. He was my first movie crush and I saw him when he went on Ed Sullivan. You know they didn't televise him from the hips down.:) I still have his early records and though I had practically given him up in his later years, I was still very sad when I heard he was gone. There was a freedom to Elvis that brought us music we might never have heard.

Also, Happy Birthday to Lea, who is one of my favorite authors and so much more! She is a teacher and a mentor and a leader all in one! Amazing so much can be in such a normal sized person!

Unknown said...

Love the interview, love the ladies involved, and I'm not even hurt that Karen told Heather she was the number one person in the whole wide world. She told me that yesterday. *lol* Honestly, these women are two great authors and equally wonderful friends. I'm blessed to know them and couldn't think of a better duo on a blog. Well, maybe if they'd said Elvis fifteen more times.

Heather Haven said...

Love is an ephemeral thing, Ginger. Not that it comes and goes, but it rises like the tide on the mighty banks...ah nuts. Anyway, Karen has enough warm feelings for all of us and who better to share one of her top spots with than you?

Unknown said...

Barbara, you are too cute my dear friend and I should have known we'd share the same view of Elvis. You have excellent taste. Lol. Thank you so much for stopping by. Love you sweet friend.

Awwww Ging...you are so precious. Thank you for taking the time to say hi. Don't tell Heather but you are my favorite. I was just sucking-up (i think i mentioned that)lol. Just kidding Heather *wink*. Truly do love you both and thank you for all that you are. Precious!

gail roughton branan said...

How did I miss this yesterday!?!? ROFLMAO!!! Love you girl! For this morning's laughter -- Thank you. Thank you very much! (I always wanted 'em to do a remake of Gone With the Wind with Elvis as Rhett Butler. Didn't you?)

J.Q. Rose said...

Elvis and Lea...do they share the same birthday by any chance? Kind of like me and Roseanne have the same birthday date? I don't believe Lea would be the same age as Elvis..???? Sorry I am not so connected to Elvis, but now let's talk the Beatles!! Great interview, Gals. Fun.