Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Welcome Kat Holmes, Ending 31 Days of Blogging Into 2012

What better way to end January's blogging party than with Kat Holmes! Kat Holmes, writer extraordinaire, is a Muse author who is not only prolific but when not writing on her own, partners in a mother/daughter team, Kat being the daughter part. Who is the mother? Anybody?? Win a copy of A Wedding to Die For if you know the answer to this one!
Having read The Lighthouse, I know how well written and entertaining Kat's work can be. The Lighthouse just drips of atmosphere!
But first, let's get to know Kat better with her answers to this interview:

1. What is your favorite book?
I have two. The entire Tapestries series by N.J. Walters and Dark Needs At Night’s Edge by Kresley Cole.

2. Who is your favorite writer?
N.J. Walters. That woman is my hero.

3. How old were you when you were first published?
I was 33.

4. What writing style do you most abhor?
I won’t read horror under any circumstances.

5. When and how do you write? (typewriter, Mac, in a café, for four hours each morning, etc?)
I write on my desktop first thing in the morning when my mind is fresh and ready to go.

6. What is your greatest fear when you first turn in a manuscript?
That while I like and love the story no one else will and it will be rejected. And it has happened.

7. In what era do you wish you’d been born?
I’m in love with the medieval era.

8. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
Had…I think many of us overuse that word especially when writing our first drafts.

9. Which talent would you most like to have?
Hmm I’m not sure. But I think I’d like to be able to play a musical instrument.

10. Who is your favorite hero of fiction?
Conrad Wroth from Dark Needs At Night’s Edge by Kresley Cole

11. How would you like to die?

What a question. But like most people, I think would prefer to die peacefully in my sleep.

--------------------------

Zip on over to her author page at Muse and see just how many other books of Kat Holme's are offered there! http://tinyurl.com/7xr5agj

6 comments:

N.J.Walters said...

Great interview, and thank you so much for you kind words, Kat. :)

I know who her mother is, but I'll leave that for someone else to answer. :)

Unknown said...

I meant every word.:-) Thanks for stopping by N.J.

Pat Dale said...

Why, the incomparable Lin gave birth to our spotlighted sweetheart on this day. And, Kat, I agree about not reading horror. Real life presents enough horrible situations on its own, in my view. Happy Birthday!
PD

Unknown said...

I've made no secret how much iI love and admire this author. Loved this interview too. Our Kat is quite fascinating and such a giving soul. I feel so connected that when i visited earlier i actuallty thought i already commented. I guess I spoke my cooment via that telepathy thing we share. You did hear me, didn't you Kitty-Kat? Lol. Love you!

Love you too Heather-darling.

Wendy said...

I hope you had a Happy Birthday Kat. We are all proud of you, but none more than your mother, Lin :)

What an awesome achievement, Heather. 31 guests in the month of January. Congratulations!

Larion aka Larriane Wills said...

I can't believe the month is already over. Heather did a great job of filling every day. Kat, great as always.