Friday, January 13, 2012

Welcome Kristen Battestella, One Gorgeous Author!


Can I call 'em or what?

Kristen is also quite a writer. Here's a sample of what she can do:
Humanity: A Letter from Gaston, Book 6 in my Fate and Fangs: Tales from the Vampire Family series with Muse It Up Publishing, is available Now from Muse It Up Publishing! Happy Friday the 13th Indeed!!!!

http://museituppublishing.com/bookstore2/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=307&category_id=64&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1&vmcchk=1&Itemid=1

http://www.amazon.com/Humanity-Letter-Gaston-Fangs-ebook/dp/B006TZ0FE6/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1325813465&sr=1-1





Blurb:

Welshire brother Gaston is trying to move on with his life now that the Vampire Family is human again for Professor James’ sixth chronicle. Unfortunately, Gaston’s sister Victoria cannot cope with the change and turns to her former fledgling Caine for unfulfilling excess and access. Should their pregnant sister Samantha risk the journey to London- and the lives of her unborn children- to save what’s left of The Vampire Family?


Got a buck? Treat yourself? Need to fill up that new Christmas e reader? Shop Fate and Fangs!!


Excerpt:

The surgeons wrapped Samantha in a canopy of blue sheets and hooked her up to machines.
“Scalpel,” The masked doctor ordered.

The shiny silver glinted in his hand, then it dove in. Blood soaked the sheets and dyed them purple. Through some of our lost magic still remaining, I spaced out of the operating room. Memories not my own, thoughts and recollections of my Father I still held. From his dying breath to his most treasured moment, I saw my Mother. I saw my mother giving birth to me.

Antonio had been there, and there I was small and bloody and screaming. The vision was black and white, but red blood was everywhere. My mother’s eyes were fading, yet she was lovely, angry, happy, and sad all at the same time. She gasped her last breath, and I heard my own baby cry.



Which are you, human or vampire?

-------------------------


Kristin Battestella writes for her hometown newspaper The Cumberland County Reminder in New Jersey and has been writing non fiction speculative fiction, dark fantasy, paranormal, and horror for fifteen years. She enjoys being at home with her family, collecting records, and creating web pages in her spare time. Along with numerous sports articles, online reviews (Her review of the film 300 earned 11,000 hits and crashed the Fire Fox News server!), the South Jersey Books Column at Examiner, and fiction work; Kristin's first eBook was published in 2005. She is a member of EPIC, the Friends of the Mount Laurel Library, and has her eyes set on joining the Online Film Critics Society. Kristin's first full-length work The Vampire Family has been re-released with Eternal Press; and in addition to numerous reviews, interviews, chats, and blog appearances, Kristin recently attended the Philadelphia and Collingswood Book Festivals.

4 comments:

Kristin Battestella said...

Wow Heather! It takes a gorgeous gal author to know one!!!

Heather Haven said...

Aren't you sweet! Good luck with your books, my dear. I see they are a series! What fun!!

Anonymous said...

I agree with both of you...two beauties *smile*

Hugs ladies. Not only are you lovelies, but you're both go-getters. I want to be just like you both when I grow up. Serious...even though I'm older than either of you, I'm sure.

gail roughton branan said...

Kristen, I recently acquired the early Fate and Fangs releases! Can't wait to get in 'em!